My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box
somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be
wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From
your thoughts, you can create greatness.This is what I need to remind
myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with
gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes
to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create.
Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but
how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around
you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgmental,
love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are
love.


Thursday, September 27, 2012

Summers bounty



My dad has a pear tree in the front yard of his new home. The story of dad's new home is bitter sweet. Mostly bitter, with a little miracle whipped in. When mom died, my dad couldn't stay in their house, a split level an hour away from my sister and I and all of our family, so we moved him nearer to us the day mom passed. He stayed with my aunt (mom's sister) and my cousin worked hard to find dad his own place. Within one exact week, he had found a house that had been totally renovated into a wheelchair accessable home.  Turns out, the owners are related to my dad. That's a benifit of coming back to the small town you grew up in, I guess. Anyway, dad is settling in nicely, getting his routine down. A neat added bonus to this house is the pear and cherry tree in the front yard. We missed harvesting the cherries (but the neighbor lady didn't ;), but I didn't miss the pears. So, a week or so ago, I picked some, brought them home, and left them to ripen.







Aren't they lovely? And right in the front yard! I made two wonderful desserts with them...
Check back for what I made, and how.
They were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment