My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box
somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be
wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From
your thoughts, you can create greatness.This is what I need to remind
myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with
gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes
to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create.
Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but
how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around
you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgmental,
love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are
love.


Monday, May 26, 2014

Another Mother's Day Gone...


Hi friends,

I know it's a little late, but how was your Mothers Day? I hope it was wonderful and full of surprises. I celebrated early on Saturday, first, with my sister. We went out for the day and exchanged gifts. On Sunday my husband had to work, but my son surprised me with candy, flowers and a lovely card. It was sweet, and heartfelt. And my husband is taking me shopping for the perfect bicycle--one with a basket, so I can take my Soph along for the ride (you all know Sophie, don't you? Well, that's a post for another day...)



Anyway, I wanted to share with you the gift my sister gave me. We must have been on the same wavelength, because I gave her a necklace, too. I didn't get any pictures, but it is a silver chain with little charms that I picked to represent her personality. Her initial "P", a little nurses cap because she is a great nurse of 20 years, a silver wing because we have had to learn to live on a wing and a prayer, especially over these last couple of years, and a mounted crystal because she's a "diamond in the rough". That's not an insult; not if you knew my sister... ;)






So, same wavelength, and we didn't even know it. The necklace she put together for me was in memory of our mother. A locket that holds little treasures of memory representing mom. The disk inside says "Mom" to show who it's for. A little heart "In Memory Of" her. A tiny little teapot because mom loved her daily morning cup of tea; I was raised on it and still love a creamy cup of English tea in the morning or on chilly evenings. There's a little purse that says "Shop", because that's what she absolutely LOVED to do (I think above anything else!), and of course, her birthstone.





It is a lovely and thoughtful gift. One that I will cherish forever. I consider myself lucky that, even through the devastation of losing my mother, I have a sister I can rely on to share in my joys, and be with me during my sorrows. That's the best gift.





Thank you so much for reading today. Have  wonderful week!



Nanette





No comments:

Post a Comment