My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box
somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be
wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From
your thoughts, you can create greatness.This is what I need to remind
myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with
gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes
to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create.
Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but
how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around
you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgmental,
love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are
love.


Friday, October 5, 2012

A Little more Halloween

 Here's a little peek at last years porch. I'm working on it and will hopefully be able to finish it this weekend. We've got white rocking chairs now, and I would like to make some muslin covers for the pillows and a house marker made out of artificial pumpkins and lights, like this one I found on Pinterest, but with artificial pumpkins and carved house numbers, maybe? I like this, too. I've got plenty of ideas...I better get on it!



 This is an old door with a Hoosier top I bought at a craft shop close-out when they were going out of business. It was a display model and I used it in my own craft booth for a while. This little ghost is one of several I made for this vintage metal frame tree. I just made them out of cheese cloth and stained them with my coffee concoction and twisted my own creepy little wire hooks.


                                  Here's another of the ghost make-do...one of my favorites!


A couple of vignette's from last year. Now, after perusing Pinterest, I have so many different idea's in mind for this year.



A couple of  handmade felt and wool applique pillows I made from Buttermilk Basin patterns.




Meet Haggy-Lou and her little cat in her shoulder bag. I made her a few years ago from a Chestnut Junction pattern.



Here's a close-up of the top of the white light-up pumpkin I made last year. It's an artificial pumpkin from Michael's that I drilled holes in. I enhanced the veins of the pumpkin with walnut stain and filled it with white lights through a hole in the back. I used different mosses and some pieces of berry picks and rusty stars for the top.


Here's my barn wood dining room hutch. I also found this at the same close-out for $100! I had been wanting one and it was like a miracle that I happened to stop into this store when they were starting their close out. I love, love, love it, and will probably never part with it, even though I feel my decorating style changing a bit. I will be sure to always incorporate it!


 I made these little fabric pumpkins to put on two grapevine wreaths decorated for Autumn.


                                                                  ...and the wreath...

 My momma enjoying herself at a local Fall festival and Witch's Night Out last year.

 We did it every year together. This year is just not the same. I'm having trouble getting in the 'Spirit', but I'm trying. My husband and I are taking my sister to the Fall festival and craft show tomorrow afternoon. She's never been, so we'll spend the day with her remembering our mom and shopping for treasures from local artisans. It's supposed to only by 56*...hope they're serving hot cider! I'll take my camera and try to get some great photos of these wonderful wares and beautiful historic tree-lined cobblestone streets.
What will you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment