My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box
somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be
wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From
your thoughts, you can create greatness.This is what I need to remind
myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with
gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes
to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create.
Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but
how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around
you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgmental,
love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are
love.


Wednesday, October 10, 2012

New Autumn decor style





Well, here's what I did in the dining room. It's a bit different from last year. My tastes are changing, so it's a bit of a transition. I'm still moving things here and there, but at least I've got the totes put away.


I saw this idea of the little white pumpkins on the candle sticks on Pinterest and loved it. I have a ton of these, so when we went to get our gourds and pumpkins Sunday, I was sure to get plenty of these little white ones. I'll be able to use them all through Thanksgiving. I'm just sorry I forgot my camera on our trip to the small farm where we go. It was sunny and beautiful out and we were stopped on the vertical lift bridge to let a barge through and the leaves and houses along the Illinois river  would have been great pictures to share. Maybe we'll make another trip...


I put one of the candlesticks in an old cheese box I purchased at a craft fair and three little white pumpkins in an old antique sewing machine drawer that I bought in St. Charles.



I'm getting away from the prim a little, but staying with the rustic vintage feel, but I do love the quirky little dolls I made. I'm trying to incorporate what I have with a new twist.



I just used more burlap here to wrap a band of it around two of my white pitchers that I already had. I found inspiration for this here. This blog is a favorite.


I LOVE this guy!



I had these candles that were my moms. She had them in Ball jars with potpourri on iron jar hangers that fit down inside the jar. I took them out and put them in my rusty holders with some candy corn. I have them sitting next to the TV. There's not much room up there now that we redid the cabinet to fit the large TV, so just a little decor is all I get...


                                               
                                        (some fun with the camera ;)


As I finish more or get inspired throughout the house, I'll add more. How much decorating do you do? Spooky or traditional?

No comments:

Post a Comment