My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box
somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be
wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From
your thoughts, you can create greatness.This is what I need to remind
myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with
gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes
to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create.
Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but
how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around
you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgmental,
love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are
love.


Monday, November 19, 2012

Finally! That view we were waiting for! Also, a trip to Knoxville and a ride up the skylift


Wednesday morning, the weather cleared and we awoke to this fantastic view of the mountains. We didn't even know how much was out there! Here are a few pictures of the first glimpses of those beautiful Smoky mountains, all covered in snow. We also took a trip to Knoxville and just fell in 
L-O-V-E!
We also took a trip up that Skylift, and had some great views there. Remember, click on the pictures to view them in full frame.  



The view from bed



                                   And from the balcony outside









                              That's when I noticed all those hawks flying around.




                                  These musicians were really good. I got some really great candid photos (with permission) of these two (more for Smugmug). There was a farmer's market right there in Market Square. This area had so many shops and restaurants, we sooo love it!



                              This gentleman was also just a little ways down the square. We spoke to him a bit. He told us about the little nature walkway in the photos below. He was a traveler, I guess. He said he'd only been in Knoxville for about a week...



                      A picture of the square for your dogs. There are little "doggie bags" for clean-up all around in little stands. So cute, and doggie friendly :)



                          Downtown Knoxville. All within walking distance. We just parked and walked all around. There was so much to take in.


                        Here's the little park. There was a pond and sculptures and benches.







Knoxville was great. Big enough of a city to live the city life, but smaller than St. Louis and cleaner, friendlier. It has huge potential for a move in the future.





So, here's the Skylift, up close and personal. I was on before I realized I'm afraid of heights. It really goes straight up. You get on like a ski lift. You stand on this box and the seat comes right up to you. You just sit right down and it scoops you up. But...no seat belts! Just a little bar that comes right over you. I was a little apprehensive, at first, but it was so worth it. I was mostly afraid of losing my shoes!




                   Look at that view! This is our first real up-high view of the mountains. But, just wait...there's so much more to come!



This was Halloween, by the way. We decided to stop here and do this and walk around the Parkway after we got back from Knoxville. I'm so glad we did! Everyone was out, and dressed up. The kids from the area were having a blast. Even the tourists brought their kids out to trick-or-treat up and down the parkway. It was so fun, and all the storekeepers were passing out candy, and dressed up as well. There were some characters, let me tell ya!


These two ladies thanked me for taking their picture. I told them that they reminded me of my mom, who loved Halloween, and would be dressed up right there with them.


                                            Everybody got in on the fun. Look at that face!!!




Here's an example of what the Village looked like that evening. A huge difference from when we had it all to ourselves just days before. Everyone was having such a good time!



           This little lady was handing out candy at the entrance. She is the cutest thing!



                         Here is the Pancake Pantry. We went here for breakfast a couple of days later before we went to Cade's Cove, a long forgotten pioneer village back in the woods. (I'm blogging about that, next). Anyway, here you will find the BEST pancakes ever! I think I might even have a picture of what I had that morning...


                   This 'gentleman' was a hoot! He was posing for E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y!     SO SASSY!
         



We had a great Halloween, after all. Then we went home and relaxed in the jacuzzi on the deck. It was a crisp night, the sky was as clear as a bell. We had some local wine and got to watch the full moon rising above the tree next to our balcony. As we sat there we contemplated our future and discussed all of our blessings. We just felt so thankful for everything we have. Right at that moment, Noah stuttered to me and pointed. Right in front of us soaring straight across the sky was the biggest and brightest shooting star I've ever seen. It was so close. It traveled linearly, not in an arch at all. Very strange. Then it broke apart into a bunch of little scattering sparkling pieces. It was a truly magical moment. Oh, how I wish I was able to share that with you, as well. It is something I will never forget.


Well, thanks for reading today. There are several post left to chronicle out little adventure. We've got some amazing sunrises, sunsets, hiking, beautiful nature shots. I hope you check back soon to finish our journey with us.

Have a great day!

Nanette




No comments:

Post a Comment