My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box
somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be
wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From
your thoughts, you can create greatness.This is what I need to remind
myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with
gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes
to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create.
Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but
how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around
you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgmental,
love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are
love.


Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! I hope you are well and cozy, preparing for tomorrow. I'm getting ready to make some homemade clementine and cranberry sauce and a pecan pie (the only two things I can make ahead of time.) I am so thankful to be off work tonight and to get to spend the holiday with my family all day tomorrow...until I have to go to work at ten, anyway.

So...I just wanted to share a bit of our Thanksgiving decor with you. Hopefully you have some downtime tonight to browse through my blog and see what I've done.

Remember these pillows from my Halloween Decor post? All I did was sew some Osnaburg fabric to the striped fabric and then sewed that to the burlap. I used the same stamping technique on the top layer. I just flipped my pillow cover around and sewed it all to the back. Easy peasy!






I've kept the table centerpiece the same as in my Fall Table Decor post. I added the white plates and gold cutlery to the fall napkins for tomorrows feast.




I had these napkins (already folded :) and just added a bit of purple ribbon I had on hand and secured the ends in back with, of all things, a glue dot! It's serving it's purpose well. I just slipped my mom's gold plated cuttlery under the ribbon. Nice and simple. I love how it turned out!





Here is the console table. I didn't know quite what to do here. I didn't want to go overboard, but would have liked to have a nice full display like some I've pinned on Pinterest, but this suits me just fine for this year.



Here are the hobnail jars I pinned on Pinterest and bought immediately. They were so cheap! I got them from Save-On-Crafts. I love them. I filled them with corn kernels and set tricolored pillars on top. Super easy and super cheap!



Just a Better Homes and Gardens centerpiece candleabra.


Here is my barnwood hutch. I kept some the same, but changed it up for Thanksgiving and the Harvest.








I replaced the candy corn for real corn kernels in these candle holders. I had these hurricanes and I wanted something bright green in them. I was going to use real Hedgeapples, but they were going bad. I found these moss balls at Hobby Lobby. They weren't cheap, but I had a coupon. I will use them all year 'round.






I wanted gold letters from Hobby Lobby, but they didn't have what I wanted. They didn't have all the letters in the same finish, so I bought these unfinished letters from Michael's instead. Noah sprayed them for me. I had to think about them for a bit, you can see they weren't finished in some of the other photos. I came up with this, and I love it. I just took more of the purple ribbon, a little burlap, some berry picks, and tied it all with twine. Another easy, cheap project.




 A few more mini moss balls. I just put them in a bowl with some Spanish moss and leaves, and lit some candles in Thanksgiving votive holders.







I used my treenware scoop to hold some more corn and a little grubby candle to finish off the space.


 All in all, I like how it turned out. It was pretty quick, which is good, since I was so short on time. But I got the effect I was looking for. I just want a festive, cozy Thanksgiving with my family. We'll be missing our moms this year, but I take comfort that we have a place to be together to think about them, talk about them, and discuss our many blessings and hopes for blessings for others.


I hope you have a wonderful, grateful, Thanksgiving, wherever you are. If you didn't get a chance yet, I wrote a post for my other blog, confessions of a thinkaholic. It's all about graditude and how to be more thankful in your life.

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to share with me today!

Nanette

No comments:

Post a Comment