My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box
somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be
wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From
your thoughts, you can create greatness.This is what I need to remind
myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with
gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes
to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create.
Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but
how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around
you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgmental,
love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are
love.


Friday, August 17, 2012

Changes are afoot....

Hey there!
Just had to share the cutest thing with you. Back in March I decided to get another Grow-a-Frog tadpole. We had one when I was the Den mother for my sons Cub Scout troop and he was the cutest thing...until an untimely mishap with one of the family cats while we were out. We took every precaution to keep him away from the curiosity of our other 'kids', but this one particular cat was...special. And stealth.
Anyway, I had LOVED that frog, as we love all our pets. I was devastated about what had happened. When we got home and I saw that his habitat was on the floor, I was shocked and confused, to say the least.  I searched all around behind and under furniture for hours...even though I knew what had happened. These are aquatic frogs and cannot be out of the water.
I vowed to never have one again until I could be sure we could keep him safe. Now that we only have our dog and one cat (not the frog eating type), I decided to finally try again. So...this Mother's Day I received my tadpole. It was a special offer, all in pink (my favorite color). Pink habitat, pink soil, a little tree and sea shells.
Adorable!

His little mouth was open every time I snapped the picture. They are filter eaters. You feed them once every other day and some food dissolves, some stays around on the bottom growing the perfect ecosystem for filter feeding. So when they 'gulp', or 'breathe', they are eating, too.
Well, I've been checking him for his legs to start growing. It usually takes 3-4 weeks or up to a couple months, according to the room temperature, and I just noticed two days ago that he's getting his little legs!
You can see his little "toes"! I was soo excited. It seemed like it was taking for.ev.er. Pretty soon, as they get bigger, his tail will shrink. When his little front arms start to come out you stop feeding him, he absorbs his tail, and he becomes a frog! And they are so smart. He already comes to look at you through the side of the habitat, but when they are frogs, they will eat right from your fingers. They really are something special. They can live a long time, too, if you are very diligent with their care.  A neighbor has had his for 25 years!
Most people don't really "get" our excitement about a tadpole or a frog, but that's the type of people we are. Just wait till I post about my gold fish and our dog! ;)
Have a great day!

*you can check out the Grow-a-Frog website here,  for one of your own, if you like, but, please remember, these are real pets and need special care!

No comments:

Post a Comment