My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box
somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be
wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From
your thoughts, you can create greatness.This is what I need to remind
myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with
gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes
to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create.
Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but
how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around
you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgmental,
love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are
love.


Monday, August 20, 2012

Make your own fragrance tarts...free!

Hello, there...
If you read my last post, you'll notice I had a candle in a couple of the pictures. I love that candle. It is a Gold Canyon, Comforts of Home citrus garden herbs scent, and was my mother's. I think she only burned it a few times before she passed away, and now I have it. I'm usually a Yankee Candle girl, and I had never smelled one of these candles before. I don't know where she got it, but I MUST get another one before this one is gone.
Anyhow, after a while, the melted wax was starting to dampen the two wicks, so it was not burning as bright, and was wanting to 'go out'. As I was taking pictures for the last post, I had a thought that I needed to get some of that wax out of there, but I didn't want to dump it and leave a big wax-y mess all along the side, so I reached for a plastic spoon. As I was starting to spoon it out, I thought what a shame it would be to waste even this little bit of wax. Then I remembered that I had several half-used BHG tart packages in my kitchen drawer (couldn't bear to pitch those, either...I might use them for something!)
I grabbed one and spooned some wax right out of the candle (after I blew it out, of course ;) and right into the little compartments. It was so quick, and no mess!  So...I grabbed my camera to show you how I did it:


Remember the picture from the last post? Look at all that wax sitting on top of the candle. It was making the candle burn too low. There was just a little too much...




                                                           I gathered what I needed:

A spoon and the empty tart package...

And my candle...

Next, I blew out the candle, let the wicks burn out, and just dipped a little wax out with the spoon and poured it a little at a time into each little compartment. It was quick and not as tedious as it seems...really!

It started setting-up pretty quick....

A view of all the wick 'real estate' I now have!

After about 20 minutes or so ( I just let them set-up while I arranged my oranges)....


 ...I had four little tarts, the three here plus the first 'practice' one I made.

I was able to just pop them right out. I had been slightly worried about this part because this particular candle has a very creamy, soft wax, but they set-up perfectly and came right out, no problem!

                                                                     Very cute ;)

Put one or two in your favorite tart burner and no more wasted sented wax!


:)

This works for that wax left over at the bottom of your jar candles and votives, too. You can just set one down into a slightly simmering pot of water to melt it out when the wicks burn down to the metal holders. Or put them in the freezer for a while and get it good and frozen. The wax shrinks enough to be popped out. Then you can melt that down and pour into whatever mold you have.

Have fun!

Thanks for reading, Nanette


No comments:

Post a Comment