My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box
somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be
wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From
your thoughts, you can create greatness.This is what I need to remind
myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with
gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes
to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create.
Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but
how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around
you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgmental,
love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are
love.


Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It's the little things...

Hi, everybody!

Hope you had a great weekend! Ours was B-U-S-Y, as usual. I'm blogging a little tutorial on quick curtain making next, I'll be finishing that up tonight.

Anyway, yesterday I was so busy. I work the night shift, but not on Sunday nights, so I have all day Monday to get some left over errands and housework done. This is what I did all day, including picking my little Aunt (mom's sister) up and dropping her off at the Doctor's office, going to get my son from school, dropping him at the library to work, going back to the Dr.'s office to sit in with my Aunt for her Cardiology appointment, taking her back home, coming back to my own home, finishing up laundry, dishes, etc., taking a shower, whipping up something to eat for my son and I (Noah had to sleep till four and leave for work himself at five), then run out to the library to get my son at 7:00, all before I could lay down and sleep before I had to leave for work at ten.
Whew....

So, on my way back inside the house, on the sidewalk, big as you please, I found this guy (look at your own risk, 'insect' haters of the world):




I know, it's not for everybody, but look at what you can see if you slow down and take the time to notice...






So curious...if an ant and a slug can have a civil interaction, why can't all of us? We are a bit higher on the food chain, after all...





He was just so content to look around and I thought I would frighten him, but on the contrary...




He was very interested in what I was doing, as a matter-of-fact, I have a video on YouTube of me trying to persuade my "subject" into being cautious of me enough to pull his eyes and "feelers" in so I could video him extending them fully...instead, he found my finger quite interesting...watch what happened here. ( Excuse my thrilled reaction, I sound like a kid at Christmas...I wasn't counting on using the video at all, but what the heck, right?)



Don't worry...I won't be taking 'adorable' pictures of anything too icky to share with you. ( there was a HUGE stinkbug on my screen today. NOT getting close enough to photograph THAT!)  I know, I know...this is pretty icky to most of you. I'm sorry...I thought he (or she) was adorable, and very sweet. He wasn't afraid of me at all. Thanks for reading!

Have a wonderful evening!    N

No comments:

Post a Comment