My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box
somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be
wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From
your thoughts, you can create greatness.This is what I need to remind
myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with
gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes
to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create.
Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but
how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around
you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgmental,
love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are
love.


Saturday, December 1, 2012

'Tis the Season.....ALREADY??!

Happy December 1st, everybody...can you believe it! I certainly can't. The holiday season is upon us, and there's so much to do. Today we are visiting Noah's grandma, but tomorrow we are (finally) taking down the Fall decor and Decking the Halls...inside and out. I know it may seem we're a little behind, our neighbors are ahead of us, but I always wait until at least the weekend after Thanksgiving to decorate. Well, Noah did get up the lights, and replaced the lights, and put up more lights...and then he had to go to work. So, tomorrow's the day! It's going to be quite the undertaking. We have so much to do. Take down the outdoor fall decor, put up the Christmas, go buy our tree, put that up, decorate (start, anyway) the inside, Tyler has a band concert at 1:15, I've got to take pics of my sisters floors she's refinishing to blog and pin, and we are going to visit moms grave and put out some flowers and a little something for Christmas. I've also got some crafting to do. I want to make some tule garland, a burlap wreath and garlands for inside and out, and a new tree skirt. Whew!! Don't anybody put any money down whether or not I get it all done...but I have faith I'll get done what needs to be done. I will be able to work on stuff Monday, too, though, so we. will. see. I also have some furniture re-do's I want to get started on, so I'll be, hopefully posting that, too. So, come on back and check in soon! Oh! I also have a little exciting news (for me, anyway) about my blog being featured on a website called Dwellable. I was touched that I was asked, and so appreciative! So, I'll be posting real soon! Have a fantastic weekend! Watch some Christmas movies or somethin'! Nanette

No comments:

Post a Comment